The Joliet Thunder Football Club started out as the Chicago Thunder, a voluntary, Non-Profit, athletic organization established in 1991. The organization is solely responsible for generating the finances required to run the organization. The Thunder is a proud member of the MidStates Football League.
The Joliet Thunder has set many goals for itself beyond those of good sportsmanship and competitiveness.
These Goals Include:
• Develop and support the teaching or personal responsibility, genuine values and commitment to teamwork.
• Provide its members with the opportunity to be a part of a positive social environment.
• Encourage its members to volunteer for and partake in various community service projects.
• Establish and/or support a youth football camp program.
• Create a scholarship fund for young men and women that have achieved academic excellence.